The Southeast Arizona Health Education Center, SEAHEC, in partnership with the Casa Alitas Migrant Welcome Center, is hiring a part-time medical advisor for its Casa Alitas Migrant Health Care Program (known as CHAMPS). for fiscal year 22-23.
This position is envisioned for four hours a week, with flexible dates and times
to be arranged with the CHAMPS coordinator, Susana Gastelum.
Medical Advisor Requirements include:
- Active and unrestricted license to practice in the state of Arizona as an independent provider (MD, DO, NP)
- Minimum one year of full-time practice experience
- Licensed to care for pediatric through older adult populations (able to assess, diagnose, and prescribe for patients across the lifespan)
Preference is given to:
- Spanish-speaking providers with moderate to high level of competency in Spanish
- Experience working with people from other cultures, including people who are migrating
- Comfortable working in rapidly changing work environments
Medical Advisor Job Responsibilities:
- Meet weekly with the CHAMPS healthcare team coordinator to review the weekly workflow, team issues, and safety and quality concerns. (1-2 hours weekly)
- Review team protocols and procedures and help revise them with the healthcare team coordinator, as needed.
- Support the healthcare team coordinator in the assessment, triage, and treatment plan for complex cases, via telephone support, when other volunteer providers are not available or when volunteer providers are requesting support.
- Support the healthcare team coordinator in the care coordination of complex patients being admitted or discharged from the hospital on an as-needed basis.
Benefits: The medical advisor will receive a stipend of $24,000/year, to be paid on a quarterly basis, 4 payments of $6,000; with an activity summary submitted monthly.
How to Apply: Please send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org