Southeast Arizona Area Health Education Center (SEAHEC) assists health professions students in completing clinical rotations in rural and medically underserved communities during their academic programs. This support is provided based upon available resources and covers communities in Cochise, Pima and Santa Cruz Counties. SEAHEC connects prospective students to sources of support that are based on the individual needs of the student and the academic institution requesting assistance. Financial assistance is provided on the basis of funding availability. Eligibility requirements may apply.The following information describes the various possibilities for student housing support offered through SEAHEC. Community Host Housing: Community student housing provides health professions students with an opportunity to learn more about community needs, culture and a viewpoint of the community that they might not receive in the clinical setting. SEAHEC reimburses student housing providers at a rate of $14.00 per day. Student Housing Characteristics:
- Private room with bed, nightstand and lamp, storage for clothing and personal items.
- Access to the private room from an outside door through common areas such as living room, kitchen or hallway.
- Access to a bathroom from the common area, not through another bedroom.
- Adequate heating, cooling and lighting.
- Working smoke detector, preferably near the bedroom.
- Use of the kitchen including refrigerator space for personal food items.
- Local phone service.
- Private room is not a converted garage, attic or basement unless it meets safety codes.